Saturday, December 8, 2012

Final Post

And so what I've learned is this.....
If I had never lived in a camper for 3 weeks I would never have fallen quite so deeply in love with our current home. You see, our house in Waverly was about 1100 sq/ft. Not tiny but not large. The layout was horrendous though for a family. So in my searching for houses, when we thought we would be buying, I was only looking for a certain "house". Our current house was on the market then, very in our price range. I remember not even looking at it because the 2 car garage takes up half the basement. Since moving in however (we are renting) I have completely fallen in love with it! The layout is PERFECT! There is more storage than I have EVER seen in a house this size! It fits us so well! I had even prayed for 2 toilet HOLES! :) and there is just that...a toilet in the middle of the laundry room in the basement! HAHAHAHAHA!! Size doesn't seem terribly important anymore...after the camper :). 
I've noticed some changes in myself also. I am blessed enough to currently be able to spend most of my time at home with my boys. This is a huge blessing after working for Jacks first 4 years of life! We live in a little town in Iowa, about 20 minutes from the nearest Walmart. So I've learned to plan my shopping better and have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of money I spend. I've noticed that the life of wealth and big, nice houses, nice expensive clothes, second story, real table cloth restaurants :)  aren't as appealing as they once were. I see them differently now...almost synonymous with working way too many hours, never spending time with your family, having to fight continually to keep up with the Jones and not having time to enjoy the simple parts of life. 
I don't know if any of this makes any sense to anyone else or not but I feel a bit like I am finally coming into my 33 year old self. :) And I am quite happy and content and rather comfortable with it! 
And so I end this blog on living a Simpler Life by wishing you the same...find contentment in your life wherever that may be. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace....
Gina Bee  

No comments:

Post a Comment