Thursday, September 27, 2012

Honestly....

So it seems that the title of this blog, Life Simplified, isn't so appropriate any more. At least not for most things. I suppose, yes, this Beldin family is still temporarily living with less. We've now moved all of our belongs to a storage unit in Nevada until at least the end of October.(..more on that in a minute.) So we are still living with a limited amount of "stuff". I've tried to not bring too many more clothes or things to our new "home". So technically we are still living simply. But speaking of our new "home" have I mentioned that we are now living with my parents in their house? They bought a house on the north side of Maxwell that is perfect for them...at least perfect for JUST them. :) Don't get me wrong. I am SO THANKFUL to have a roof over my head (that's high enough so I don't wack my head every night crawling into bed) and a real kitchen. I am also incredibly grateful to my parents for sharing their space. But I think any time you put this many generations of one family under one roof there will be times...well lets just say that there have been days when living in the camper looks like a pleasant alternative. There does seem to be an end in sight though: We, quite by accident actually, found a house to rent in Maxwell! The location is perfect. It has been on the market (the size is a bit small so we hadn't really thought too much about it on the purchase side) for a while now and the owners haven't been able to sell. In a small town, word gets around and Waaaa Laaa! They need a renter and we need a house. As soon as we sign up someone to rent ours we're golden. :) We had several people look last weekend and hope to have it signed on the dotted line this weekend. Due to the current owners time line we won't be able to move into OUR rental until the end of October. But still, I can actually see the light...
Life actually isn't slower as I had hoped though....Since I am no longer working full time I was, naivly, thinking my life would slow a bit. WRONG! It's just as cram packed as ever. Add in applesauce making with Mom and Jackson, Little Lambs for Jack (did you know they have Pathfinder programs for 4 y/o's now!? btw if you're not an Adventist you won't understand that :)) Preschool, the days I do work, and trading kid watching with my friends, well you get my drift.
But I am happy here in my new/old home state! It's an amazingly gorgeous fall season. (I am severly jealous of my parents! They are going up to Deluth, MN for the next couple days to see the trees and take a day trip on a train!) And still through everything I am finding my nitch and thanking God for my blessings...
till next time
Gina Bee

1 comment: