Thursday, August 23, 2012

1 week in

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Well, it's been 1 week since we parked our home away from home in Maxwell. And since we're not mincing words, it's been a bit rough...but maybe not as rough as I thought??? My job went very well this week! I am already drawing blood and running lab tests as well as taking xrays. I really like the group of people I work with! The only down side to all that is that the clinic is in Waukee which takes me 45 min, at least, of driving each way.
The other other major rough part is that I haven't laid my eyes on Josh since Sunday night. We've talked on the phone every day and the boys get to see him every day though. Really they get the same amount of Daddy time as they did before, just in the middle of the day and lunchtime. I'll finally get to see him today. (Yippee!) I don't work again til Monday and tonight is Josh's last work night this week. 
This morning and tmw morning Iam watching all four kids (Mandy and Ronald's 2 also) until the daddy's wake up about 11am. Tonight is my dad's retirement party in Pella at the Country Club. So the boys and I will head down when Daddy goes to work. I am SO excited that my dad is finally retiring!!!
In some ways, it's easier today then in the beginning. But I know I still have lots to learn. I have to remember a big list of things when we go to Lincoln this weekend. I need warmer clothes for the boys and I have to put some of the 15 blankets that I took out, back into the camper. :) So much for trying to bring less. There are some things that I brought that we haven't used....like our bicycles. Haven't had much time for those.
Hmmm....smelling a not so nice smell oozing from Owen so must go for now. My access to internet is a bit limited now as the wireless from the house doesn't reach the camper. So if posts are a little further apart you know why.
Tatttttaaaa for now
1 week in
Gina Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment