Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Sabbath

August 25, 2012

I needed Sabbath this week. In all honesty, I had yet to shed a tear with all the stress I felt like I was hauling around. By the time we made it to our "weekend home" in Waverly, I lost it. I laid on the couch and bawled my eyes out. Owen patted my arm, Jack tried to climb all over me and Josh tried to get Jack to understand that sometimes you just need to let stress out. Hard for little kids to understand I guess. The boys are really giving us a run for our money the last couple of days. It really takes both of us to keep things on the ground, so to speak. Josh made an astute comment this morning on the way to church. He said, "I told the guys at work I'd be hard pressed to ever get my wife to go camping again." Hmmmmm....thinking we might as well sell the camper when we're done with this little adventure and no, don't ever plan on me camping again...

 I took Jack to his SS (made poor Josh go with Owen cause I couldn't handle running after him like a banshie for an hour!). Jack acted like a pro! When it came time for the story, the teacher started by asking if anyone had ever been camping. As Jackson's hand went up, I slipped off my chair like a pile of jello mumbling something about you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! (ok so I stayed on my chair but barely!) Thank the Lord for some really good friends at church who helped boost me up today! Janell, you were amazing and the Lord sent you to me today!!! Taryn, I am so glad I make you laugh! Darla, just keep telling me that the Lord has a plan.

I am sitting at Barnes and Noble right now for a brief respite from my boys but I don't want to leave them to climbing Daddy like a tree for too long! So, we'll load up what we forgot on the last trip and head back to "home" for week #2 tomorrow. This will be the last week of Josh and I not seeing each other for 4 days. My schedule will be light and quite varied for the next few weeks until my co-worker has her baby (due Sept. 22). Thank you for your prayers and thoughts!
Gina Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment