Sunday, September 16, 2012

Changes

Sept 16, 2012

After 3 weeks of living in the camper, our living arrangements changed again. (goodbye songs sung to the happy camper and no guarantee's that Mommy will ever camp again....) Really, it wasn't bad at all. Yes, there were definitely times of "closeness" :). But all in all our little camper adventure really was an adventure. Jackson, especially loved camping! (well and living in Alan's yard for a built in playmate) The camper had everything we REALLY needed and even some amenities. We've live through 4 weeks of no TV! (besides Jackson's occasional Thomas or Veggitales) We were dry and warm (or cool depending), had running water, a flush toilet, shower and tub and the great out of doors to entertain.
Now we're on to another part of our adventure. Because our house in Waverly has not sold, we have moved in with my parents. They purchased a 3 bedroom house in Maxwell and moved in last Sunday. We Beldin's live in the two bedrooms and bath on one end of the house while my parents have definitely FILLED the rest! (I think this house is about 1/3rd the size of their previous home!) Our first week residing together as an extended family hasn't been too bad. I know there is trepidation on both sides. My father and I tend to butt heads quite a bit, so I am working on minding my tongue. And of course putting small children in the mix, there are always multiple people ready to instruct and discipline....which isn't bad.....just when all the people try to do it at the same time. Tends to confuse the little ones.
A new development has shown it's smiling face also! Through the grapevine in Maxwell, we found out that one of the houses for sale in town could possibly be up for rent. We met with the owner and looked through the house. It would work perfectly!! And the rent is the same as our current mortgage which we know we can financially handle. So this week a "FOR RENT" sign will appear in our Waverly yard with the hopes that it will quickly be filled. If all goes as planned we will move into a HOUSE!!!! the end of October. Finally I feel like I can see a light! One of the hardest parts for me all along this adventure has been the complete unknown of when it would end. No proverbial light at the end of the tunnel....no end in sight....I think that wore on me more than anything else. 
Since our internet service is still a bit complicated, I am over at Mandy's using her wireless. My list of things to find and do while connected to the great world wide web :) is rather long. So I'll end this post on a very happy note:
Soon,  we will again be living in a house by ourselves!!!

A brighter Gina Bee

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture your parents' new house with two families in it! A different kind of togetherness. But hope the renting idea pans out. Sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete