Sunday, September 2, 2012

Simplified

Sept. 2, 2012, Sunday

There has been so much going on this last week and I haven't had time to write until today. So I'll recap some of the high points....ok, and some of the low points too.
This week actually felt alot better over all. It felt like we were getting into a bit of a routine. I worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday so Josh and I didn't see each other til Thursday again. The time seemed to go faster this time though. I spent Thursday just doing normal Mommy things. Cleaning, entertaining the kids, spending some times with the hubby. It felt really good! Josh and I were sitting under the awning around lunchtime on Thursday just chatting and watching the boys. We realized that we haven't watched TV in 2 weeks! Josh never hooked up the High Def. receiver thingy. I guess the thought had crossed my mind but I really didn't have time to watch anything anyway. Jackson watches some VeggieTales or Thomas. But that's about it for TV time. It's been a really nice reprieve. I think that's why it feels like Josh and I have actually talked more even though we see each other less! Hmmm....must have been a little sad the very small amount of time we've actually been spending communicating.
We spend a LOT of time outside, mostly because the camper is so small but also because it's hard to contain little boys. Even though it's been hot Jackson especially LOVES it outside and LOVES having a constant playmate with Alan right next door!
It looks like this may be our 3rd and final week of camper living. My parents have closed on their new house in Maxwell and have offered to let us move in with them til things get all sorted out. There are good and bad sides to that. It's with some trepidation that we move in. But with only 1 more house showing in the last month, there isn't much change in sight with the selling of our house.
We headed back to Lincoln again this weekend. With it being the holiday weekend, Josh's mom came down to Lincoln to see us kids. Honestly, it's a lot harder for me to come back to our house here than I thought it would be. There's a lot of strange emotions. And practically, all of my staples in the kitchen are in the camper...I found that out at 7am on Sabbath morning while trying to fix Sabbath dinner. That was quickly followed by an early trip to WalMart with my early riser, Owen.  Sabbath seems to always be a rough day for this Mommy and this one was no exception. The day held lots of tears...and that was before we left for church! But the weekend improved and today (Sunday) was lots of fun. All of us spent most of the day in Omaha doing some shopping and enjoying some of the unique parts of Omaha. We found the built in slides in downtown! We had a blast on those! (some pics on facebook).
This next week will include lots of helping at Nana and Papa's house. I only work a half day on Thursday and a half day on Saturday. So this week will be time to be a stay at "home" Mommy and do some budget planning.
Ta Ta for now,
Gina Bee

1 comment:

  1. Moving in with the ol' folks, eh? Bet they're doing some trepidating too--but, aahhh, it'll be fun, all in all. Can't be worse than camping, I'm sure. Will be praying your house will sell soon.

    ReplyDelete